A Bucket List is defined by the Urban Dictionary as: “A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term “kicked the bucket.” For us, however, we’re not waiting until we kick the bucket to get to it. We have our own type of Bucket List – The Outdoor Adventure Bucket List – that we will share with you continuously in these blog series.
Bucket lists are interesting since they tell you much about the person. You can set up one or many on-line, create your visual Bucket list on Pinterest or simply write it down on a piece of paper, but no matter which way you compile your list the important thing is actually to check things off the Bucket list, meaning completing your goals and checking them off of course…
PACIFIC CREST TRAIL
The first item on our Outdoor Adventure Bucket List includes walking the Pacific Crest Trail. We’re planning on through-hiking the whole length of 2,663 miles from Mexico to Canada which could take anywhere from 4-6 months to complete.
While we plan the hike, we take joy in reading from those who have already taken that leap and hiked the Pacific Crest Trail. It’s fun and motivating to see the experiences, mishaps, photos, advice and achievement of those who completed the route.
Our 5 favorite sites to read for the Pacific Crest Trail experience are:
1. The official Pacific Crest Association Trail – http://www.pcta.org/
2. A girl from Maine hiking on a whim and getting ready to hike the Continental Divide Trail – http://www.mylahikes.com/about/
3. A couple who conquered the Triple Crown of Hiking (hiking PCT, Appalachian Trail, and Continental Divide trail) and many more trails http://www.gottawalk.com/gottawalk/pacific-crest-trail/
4. Young adventure junkie with a sense of humor – http://www.halfwayanywhere.com/pacific-crest-trail/hiking-solo-vs-hiking-non-solo/
5. And lastly a PCT experience blog http://beckyandlukehikethepct.wordpress.com/